Great for holiday gift giving or to decorate your own home. These samples are for Christmas, but stamped candles could also be decorated for other holidays and special occasions like weddings, anniversaries and birthdays. Use this technique on pillars, tapers and votives. Make a set of themed candles and tie them together with a pretty ribbon before wrapping as gifts.
#2001-M, Peaceful Observation stamp, $8.99 (used on pillar candle)
#1011-D, Gingerbread Boy stamp (used on taper candles)
#1018-D, Gingerbread Girl stamp (used on taper candles)
#1021-D, Gingerbread Tree stamp (used on taper candles)
White or cream colored candles
White tissue paper
Black permanent ink
1) Gently stamp images on tissue paper and color with markers as desired.
2) Cut out images trimming close to edges.
3) Cut a blank piece of tissue large enough to cover stamped image and long enough to wrap all the way around the candle and still have plenty of excess length.
4) Lay the stamped and colored tissue image on the candle in your desired position. Lay the blank strip of tissue over the stamped tissue and candle. Wrap this tissue around the candle smoothly, pull tight and hold together at the back.
5) Use the heat gun to adhere the tissue to the candle. Take care to aim the heat gun at the stamped tissue and away from your fingers. Do not aim the heat gun too long in one spot or your candle may begin to melt and run. Heat the tissue until the stamped image appears through the blank tissue and looks bright and shiny. Quickly peel off the blank top tissue sheet.
6) Wave the heat gun briefly over the stamped tissue image once again if necessary to blend away any remaining signs of the tissue paper edges.
TIPS: When designing candles with multiple images you should apply one image at a time. The wrap around tissue used to hold the image in place may be used several times over. Discard the sheet when it begins to get a waxy build-up or you may end up peeling off your stamped image. Take extra care not to burn yourself when working with taper or votive candles. You may also use the heat gun to melt unstamped areas of the candle and press embellishments like charms or beads into the softened wax.