Great for holiday gift giving or to add a little sparkle to your own mantelpiece or shelf. This decorative piece is made with one of our "Blink'ms" lights and the large Pop Up Paper picture frame. (Find out more about these items on our Special Products page.)
#3301-P, Winter Moose stamp
#2106-G, Star Cluster stamp
"Blink'ms" blinking light mechanism (sorry these are no longer avavilable)
Pop Up Paper large picture frame
White card stock
Blue acrylic craft paint
Small foam paint brush
Black permanent ink
Clear embossing ink
Gold embossing powder
Markers and colored pencils
Fine white sparkle glitter
1) Use foam brush to paint the frame front blue. (Don't worry about getting paint on the frames' acetate window as you will remove the acetate later.) Set aside to dry.
2) Stamp the "Winter Moose" on the white card stock using black permanent ink. Color the moose, sky and star and add shading to the snow. Trim the card down if necessary leaving approximately a 1/2" margin around all four sides of the image.
3) Once the picture frame has dried, stamp the "Star Cluster" around all four sides of the painted frame using clear embossing ink and gold powder. (Don't be concerned if the acetate window becomes damaged by the heat gun.)
4) Insert scrap card stock or thin cardboard inside the picture frame. Use the exacto to carefully trim away the acetate window. Turn the frame face down and extend easel back arm into open position. Use the exacto to carefully cut away approximately 1 1/2" from frame back beneath easel back arm. Begin cut from opening under bend in easel back arm. Remove scrap card stock or cardboard from inside the frame.
5) Use push pin to make a hole through the large star on the "Winter Moose" image. Line up tiny bulb of Blink'm and insert bulb through the back side of the card. Hold in position and peel off paper from double stick foam tape (one at a time) to affix light mechanism to the back of the card.
6) Carefully insert moose card with attached light into the finished frame. The light mechanism should be positioned in the opening on the back where you cut away under the easel back arm.
7) Reach inside the frame and use tape to tack the corners of the card in place.
8) Lay frame face up. Use glue pen and glitter to add shimmer to snow.
9) Press the on/off clicker button on the back of the Blink'm to bring the star to life!