Arlene Stump's red, white and blue tribute to America complete with pop-outs, punches, all 12 of our patriotic stamps and a little dazzle. A dimensional centerpiece for special holidays or a book of celebration that will charm the best of them!
# 3701 - # 3712, our complete line of Patriotic Stamps, all available M or UM
# 5140-C, Sm. Star Sil.
# 5111-H, Lg. Star Sil.
Small star punch
1" foam or natural bristle brush
PVA glue or Neutral pH Adhesive by Lineco
Marvy Brush Markers: #29 Prussian Blue & #28 English Red (or #3 Blue & #65 Cherry)
Ranger Adirondack Ink Pads - Cranberry & Denim
Design edge scissors
(2) 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" chipboard for covers
(2) 5 1/2" x 7" pieces of paste paper or design paper for covers
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Kromecoat
Red and blue pieces of card stock for postoid backgrounds
(1) 36" piece of yarn or ribbon
(6) sheets of white matte or Kromecoat 5 1/2" x 8"
(3) sheets of blue card stock 5 1/2" x 7"
(3) sheets of red card stock 5 1/2" x 7"
(3) strips of blue card stock 1 1/2" x 7" (leftover strip from above)
(3) strips of red card stock 1 1/2" x 7" (leftover from above)
(6) sheets of white matte card stock 4" x 7"
Instructions for Cover:
1) Apply glue to chip board (one piece at a time). Place paper right face down and chipboard on top and press well. You may use a brayer to smooth. Do the next board in the same manner.
2) Miter the corners with your scissors close to each corner but not cutting off. Fold and crease with bone folder. Apply glue to top and bottom and fold in. Next glue the sides and fold in.
3) Take the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Kromecoat and stamp the postoids or stamps for your front and rear cover. Color with your brush markers and huff before stamping. Cut out. Use your design edge scissors and cut mats for these stamps out of the small pieces of red and blue card stock. Glue mats to covers and affix postoid images with foam tape. Put aside.
Instructions for Inside Pages:
1) Fold 6 sheets of white matte or Kromcoat 5 1/2" x 8" in half. If you wish you may stamp the small star and large star in cranberry or denim only near the top of the fold.
2) Next fold the red and blue card stock (5 1/2" x 7") in half. Take the 1 1/2" strips out and fold each one in half and then half again. Crease with your bone folder. Punch a star into each square so that you have 4 stars on each strip. Save all the punches to decorate your pages.
3) Take your design edge scissors and cut your red and blue 1 1/2" strips at the bottom. Glue the outside edges of the red card stock strips to the blue card stock and glue the edges of the blue strips to the outside of the red card stock.
4) Take the white matte card stock (4"
x 7") and stamp one of the stamps in the middle of the card
stock. (#3704-I, Land of the Free, was used in the sample above.)
Use your cutting mat and Exacto knife to cut a straight edge at
the top and bottom of the stamped image on each of the 6 cards.
Carefully push design outward and press the design in half. Now
fold the entire card in half and crease with the bone folder.
5) Stamp other designs on the card. When stamping is all complete, glue the ends of the white matte card stock to the ends of the red and blue card stock, directly underneath the red or blue star strip.
6) Now glue the ends of the red and blue card stock to the ends of the white 5 1/2" x 8" folded Kromecoat. Secure the folded pages with a clamp or two for a few minutes.
7) Now glue each page one to the other only gluing one side. DON'T GLUE THE FIRST AND LAST PAGES TOGETHER! THIS IS WHERE YOUR COVERS GO!
8) Lay covers right sides down and put the back of the book in the middle of the two covers to get spacing. Remove book carefully. Glue each cover and place ribbon or yarn across the middle of the two covers, leaving an equal amount of yarn on each side. Now lay the outside cover of the book on one side of the cover. Now flip the book with cover over to the other cover and pick the book up. Make sure covers fit properly and that the yarn or ribbon is pulled tight. Clamp again for a few minutes.
9) Place your punched stars with a glue stick on each page, and put any other embellishments on. When finished place a heavy book on top overnight.
Questions or comments? Email Arlene :-)