Materials & Supplies:
Rubber Stamps: any one of the Repeat Impressions FLIP Stamp sets (7200, 7300, 7400, 7500 or 7600 series)
Dye based ink pads - your choice of color(s)
White card stock and one or two complimentary card stock colors of your choice
FLIP Spine (optional)
McGill Stacking Squares punches (optional) :1 1/4", 1 9/16", and 1 7/8"
1/8" hole punch
1/8" eyelet and eyelet setter (optional)
5" length of 1/8" wide ribbon in your choice of color
Please Note: We also offer FLIP Card Kits and FLIP Dies! So if you would like to skip the cutting and punching then these may be just right for you. Please visit our Special Products page for more details.
1) Stamp the 4 different images (not the verse) from the FLIP stamp set on white card stock. Color images as desired. Use the 1 1/4" punch to punch out all 4 images or measure and cut by hand.
2) Punch out 4 squares of matching color card stock using the 1 9/16" punch or measure and cut by hand.
3) Punch out 4 squares of a matching complimentary color (or white) card stock using the 1 7/8" punch or measure and cut by hand.
4) Glue each one of the 1 1/4" images in the center of one of the 1 9/16" squares.
5) Glue each one of the 1 9/16" squares in the center of one of the 1 7/8" squares.
PLEASE NOTE: You may skip the next step by using our pre-cut, pre-scored FLIP Spine if you wish or...
6) Using the same color card stock used in step 3... Cut a piece of card stock to 1 7/8" wide x 8 1/4" long. Score at 3 3/4" from one end. When folding this strip you should now have one end that measures 3 3/4" long and the other measures 4 1/2" long from the fold.
7) Fold this strip so that the shorter 3 3/4" portion faces up. Then open the folded strip to reveal the longer 4 1/2" portion. Stamp the verse from the FLIP Stamp set in the center of this 4 1/2" area. Use hole punch to make a hole 1/4" from the bottom and center of the 4 1/2" verse portion of the strip.
8) Starting at the outer end of the 3 3/4" portion of the strip... measure and score at 1 7/8" from bottom edge. From that score mark measure and score at 5/8". From that score mark measure and score at 5/8". And from that score mark measure and score at 5/8". You should now have a strip that is scored into 4 sections... 3 that are 5/8" apart and one at the bottom that is 1 7/8" square. See illustration below.
9) Glue the last layered square in the image sequence (#1 shown below) to the 1 7/8" square portion of the strip.
10) Glue the 3rd layered square in the sequence of images (#2 shown below) to the 5/8" portion of the strip immediately above.
11) Glue the 2nd layered square in the sequence of images (#3 shown below) to the next 5/8" portion of the strip immediately above.
12) Glue the 1st layered square in the sequence of images (#4 shown below) to the final 5/8" portion of the strip immediately above.
13) Using the same color card stock used in step 2... Cut a strip 4" wide x 1" tall. This will be your anchor strip.
14) Apply glue to the backside of the bottom most strip of stacked images (Square #1 above). Affix the anchor strip to the back of this panel making sure to align it flush to the bottom and centered left to right as shown above.
15) Using the same color card stock used in steps 2 & 13... Cut a piece 4" wide x 5 1/4" tall.
16) Fold the strip of stacked images so that the 4 1/2" verse portion is on the inside.
17) Apply glue to both ends of the outer most backside of the anchor strip. Affix this strip to the front of the 4" x 5 1/4" card front so that the folded stacked images are centered. And be sure that the 4 1/2" portion of the stacked strip moves freely under the anchor strip.
18) Loop length of ribbon through the hole to create pull tab. OPTIONAL: Add a decorative eyelet to the hole before attaching ribbon.
19) Using the same color card stock used in step 3... Cut a piece 4 1/4" wide x 5 1/2" tall. Affix the flip card to the larger base stock. Alternatively you could affix the card front to a folded card base if you wish to add another verse to the inside or have a longer handwritten message.
20) A gentle pull down on the ribbon sets your card in motion and brings the progression images to life!